Quotsagram: The Largest Quotes Directory in the World

Monday 5 November 2018

Magnus Carlsen Quotes | Quotsagram

chess quote magnus carlsen on learning the classics: contrary to many young colleagues I do believe that it makes sense to study the classics.
 Without the element of enjoyment, it is not worth trying to excel at anything.
 I spend hours playing chess because I find it so much fun. The day it stops being fun is the day I give up.
 It’s easy to get obsessed with chess. That’s what happened with Fischer and Paul Morphy. I don’t have that same obsession.
chess quote magnus carlsen: without the element of enjoyment, it is not worth trying to excel at anything.
 Self-confidence is very important. If you don’t think you can win, you will take cowardly decisions in the crucial moments, out of sheer respect for your opponent.
 Maybe if I didn’t have the talent in chess I’d find the talent in something else. The only thing I know is that I have talent in chess, and I’m satisfied with that.
 I am trying to beat the guy sitting across from me and trying to choose the moves that are most unpleasant for him and his style.
 For me, the most important thing is to continue to play well and to be a positive figure and hopefully a role model for kids as well.
 Contrary to many young colleagues I do believe that it makes sense to study the classics.
 I don’t look at computers as opponents. For me it is much more interesting to beat humans.
chess quote world champion magnus carlsen: it is better to overestimate your prospects than underestimate them.
chess quote world champion magnus carlsen: some people think that if their opponent plays a beautiful game it’s okay to lose. I don’t. you have to be merciless.
 People ask what my goal is. I don’t have a goal.
 It is better to overestimate your prospects than underestimate them.
 Some people think that if their opponent plays a beautiful game, it’s OK to lose. I don’t. You have to be merciless.
 It’s nice to be financially secure. Apart from that, I really don’t care too much about money.


Also Read:

Share: