Quotsagram: The Largest Quotes Directory in the World

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Bobby Fischer Quotes Collection | Quotsagram

Bobby Fischer on game: Chess is war over the board. The object is to crush the opponents mind.

 A strong memory, concentration, imagination, and a strong will is required to become a great chess player.
 It is better to be one of the strongest chess players in the world, than to be one of many thousands with a diploma.
 Nothing eases suffering like human touch.
 All that matters on the chessboard is good moves.
 That's what chess is all about. One day you give your opponent a lesson, the next day he gives you one.
 Chess demands total concentration.
 Tactics flow from a superior position.
 I give 98 percent of my mental energy to chess. Others give only 2 percent.
 Your body has to be in top condition. Your chess deteriorates as your body does. You can’t separate body from mind.
 It's just a matter of throwing in a few sacrifices, then checkmate.
 All I want to do, ever, is just play chess.
 There are tough players and nice guys, and I’m a tough player.
 I like the moment when I break a man’s ego.
 Chess is war over the board. The object is to crush the opponents mind.
 I don’t believe in psychology. I believe in good moves.
 If I win a tournament, I win it by myself. I do the playing. Nobody helps me.
 Don’t even mention losing to me. I can’t stand to think of it.
 Different people feel differently about resigning.
 You have to have the fighting spirit. You have to force moves and take chances.
 All my games are real.
 You can only get good at Chess if you love the game.


Also:
Chess Quotes Page #1
Chess Quotes Page #2
Siegbert Tarrasch Quotes

Share: